Friday, October 24, 2008

Keeping the child alive!

I love being a child! Loads of pampering, lots of love and a most lovely family and a bunch of good friends makes it all the more pleasurable!

The sweet childish looking face or the innocent naive attitude,the anytime- unstoppable laughter or the bubbling energy;its all enough evidence of the child within me which just doesn't know what being serious and grown-up- like means!

Just as I begin to feel the maturity in my thoughts,the responsibility in my actions when circumstances demand so;there is the silliness of the heart which takes over especially in times I am feeling vulnerable and low! Its not escapism nor running away from realities,its just a comfort and inherent joy which makes life look beautiful as it seemed when I was a child!

When I am a child there is just pure love in the air,an innocence in every gesture,where friendships and family ties are precious! Everything is a game and all worries just melt away and every moment looks like a gift.

Even crying comes so naturally and so does the healing of wounds once I surrender myself to that child within. There is safety in being a child, there is joy in being a child!

Among children the child in me comes into its own;it becomes so involved and engrossed that its hard to believe its mind is that of an 18 year old. It can be crazy and silly and throw tantrums at times;it can turn irritating and annoying when it takes hold of me at the wrong time.

The child in me is lovely and I would never let it go,but without the discipline and intelligence to counter its innocent charm,it might just get labelled as immaturity and stupidity in a world full of demands!

I wish to grow and explore,to spread my wings and fly,to gain in knowledge and wisdom and accomplish a lot more than what I have!

I still want that nurturing,that comfort and that love;but also a sense of respect and confidence of having principles to stand by!

Along this process,there is one thing I wouldn't ever leave,the child in me would always remain;the smile, the enthusiasm would never wane and keep charming all those who say;"You never seem to change!!"

1 comment:

Sindhura said...

We all have a child within us that needs care, love and nurturing, first and foremost from our own selves. It is we who need to let the child be, pamper it, shower it with goodies, spend time with it. We need to spend some time with ourselves, for ourselves. Yes, there are things to do,to conquer, to accomplish and demands to be fulfilled. And the strength to endure and sustain through all this comes from within, which is why it is so important to love, respect and trust YOURSELF first.